Monday, April 28, 2014
There are so many choices when it comes to dog chews or bones these days. Some can be a serious choking hazard. There have been several occasions over the years where we pulled dog chews out of the throats of choking dogs. Some dog chews may also cause intestinal blockages if large pieces are swallowed, while others can be a dental hazard and fracture teeth. Which ones are the best for your dog? Dr. Karen Becker, DVM offers us great advice on how to choose the right dog chews or bones for our dogs in these two short videos.
Tuesday, April 8, 2014
April is National Pet First Aid Awareness Month. Do you have a pet first aid kit? Do you know what to do in case your pets are exposed to poisons? Is your home and yard pet proof? My clients will be receiving a free Pet Owner's Poison Prevention Guide put out by The Texas Poison Center Network that has helpful tips, guidelines on what to do if your pet is exposed to a poison, and a handy fold out reference poster of many plants that are toxic to pets.
Did you know...
- The Texas Poison Center Network handles pet calls 24/7 for FREE by calling 1-800-222-1222
- Poisonous plants are found in many homes and should be put out of reach of pets and children
- Some things can be safe for humans, but deadly for animals